Friday, November 14, 2008

TAGGED BY BETH http://malmducks.blogspot.com/

Can I name seven quirky things about me? My whole life has been a quirky journey. My first quirky memory is my love for the elderly. I used to visit our neighbors and sit on their porches in the cool summer evenings listening to their stories about their youth. They loved me so much that they brought gifts to me from their travels. I see myself going that direction of elderly now...perspective is certainly different on this end. Number two comes to mind, I call my beautiful daughter Beth, Beautiful Daughter. She laughs when she answers the phone and I ask how is my beautiful daughter? I really mean it, she is a joy in my life. Number three, playing with children. I absolutely love children and they know it, my neighborhood children ring the doorbell and ask if Mary can play. Warms my heart...Number four, children...I love to play with my grandchildren, imagination games are my favorite. I try to convince them that things are not quite how one sees them. I have so much fun, especially with those under five because I can convince them that we can fly, be anything we want and laugh. Number five...I am a chance taker...I will try anything once, sometimes it turns out and sometimes it doesn't. I remember one time I took a broken electric can opener apart to see if I could fix it. Now my own children will ask me if it is a can opener project. (I never got it back together.) Number six...I hate to drive, I will if I have to, but down deep I hate it. Number seven...QUIRKY is my middle name, my children probably could tell you better than me but it is the real me. I always said my mother was a bit quirky, guess apples don't fall far from the tree. I am supposed to send this on...Kathleen I tag you to open a blog and send us your seven quirky qualities.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I have always known you were quirky, but I still love you anyway.