Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holding down the fort

I don't know how anyone with seven children can have time to take pictures.  It was all I could do to go to the bathroom without someone following me and asking what I was doing...The teens were wonderful helpers, when they were up, the preteens tried so hard to please and the little ones couldn't of been sweeter and messier if they tried.  Kenny dutifully brought his diaper to Papa,  He calls Papa POP.  I wasn't quite sure I heard it right the first time, but that is his name for him.  Mary change my name.  She asked permission to call me nanny.  Maybe I remind her of a goat, who knows?  Adam was a sweet seven year old.  He was mad that the Scrabble box said 8+.  We tried to play....Kelly got mad at me, I don't know what for or why but we worked it out and we both are going to try to smile at each other.  I will see how long that will last.  Patrick got sick on my watch...REALLY SICK.  I hope he recovers soon, it scared me.  I don't like things to happen on my watch.  Beth's watch fine, mine NO WAY.  I got sick too and haven't recovered.  I think the kids were grateful I lost my voice.  They could only hear me if they came close.  Good excuse, "I didn't hear you."  Megan is a typical 13 year old girl.  Careful, you may make her mad, she might run to her room and later be as sweet as ever.  I hate teen hormones!  I am glad I don't have 24 hrs a day 7 days a week ignoring it.  I already did that.
Interesting with Jonathan.  He does most of Beth's babysitting and so I noticed a power struggle between he and Me.  I would ask someone to do something and he would either clarify, add on or change the instruction.  finally I mentioned it to him, he shyly said he noticed it.  I kept wondering how he thought I did taking care of him when he was little.  Actually made me laugh.
Beth and Mike looked so relaxed when they arrived home.  I felt frazzeled, tired and  a little cranky.  (poor Jim)  So it is back to the two of us until we start camping again....SOON I hope...

No comments: