Saturday, September 18, 2010

An old and new experience

I have so much fun in life.  I am sitting here at my computer after spending yesterday and most of today in the hospital.  I can't seem to stay far enough away from them but I guess when you need one, be happy they take you.  The new University hospital is as beautiful as a four seasons hotel.  I was much impressed by the service, care and hospitality of the whole staff.  I believe that this is the friendliest hospital I have ever been in and you all know I have visited a few.  Seems like the 64 year old is riddled with infection from top to bottom.  No one can say I don't do it up good when I get sick.  As usual I worried that I went to the ER with simple problems and they would say, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OLD WOMAN.  But guess I really let things get to far and so I was shown to the 6th floor.  My room was decorated with beautiful art a stunning view of the mountains and the usual hospital stuff.  The rooms are private, so Jim could of spent the night on the fold out sofa, but I sent him home...it was a long and tiring day.  I got to come home because I have Jim to take care of me, and he is doing wonderful.  I will have to do something special when he has his cataract surgery.  The funniest part of the stay was last evening when the staff doctor came to see me.   I would guess he was in his early thirites, he said he had a kindergarten age son.   He went through all the things that are wrong with me, then the list of previous things.  Without thinking he looked at me and said we are keeping you because you look terrible.  If I was vain I might have felt bad, but I was sick so I didn't give a darn how I looked!!!  He looked shocked that that had come from his mouth.  I refrained from laughing until he left.  I am going to follow the instructions as best I can.  This time I may of pushed the envelope a little further than I should of..................

No comments: