Saturday, February 27, 2010

The day goes all wrong, but God saved our famiy

Jim and I thought we would get a headstart on the camping season.  Jim changed the oil, we bought a new battery, I bought new coverlets and shams for our beds and fixed everything up.  We went for a drive, I drove, then we decided to go back to our house for  a minute, next thing we know, our neighbor was pounding on the door warning us that our beloved TIN CAN was on fire.  I don't know how to explain how I feel.  grateful that we did not have grands in the home.  glad we were at our townhouse, sad to see the party wagon go up in flames and Jim struggling to get it into control.  No luck the firemen put out the fire along with breaking four windows.  The ceiling melted, and the pink chairs are no longer sittable.  We are safe, the insurance adjuster is coming in two days and a tow truck took our home back to it's storage yard.  Out of sight, but not out of mind.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mary, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much fun you and the grandkids had this summer with the motorhome. You are right; this could have been so much worse. So glad for God's hand on the situation.

Praying that you get a good insurance settlement. Definitely update on what happens.