Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jury duty

Sometimes just when I think it is safe something comes up that throws a monkey wrench into my quiet sedated life. I was called for jury duty today, if you know where I live you will understand that this process is no little matter. We live in Adams county, so jury service in in Brighton. (measured milage 21 miles) Well I got there at the appointed time and that was no easy stroll in the park. When you have an oxygen tank you bleep all over the place and you have to be searched. Just loved that part? Then to the jury assemble room. 500 seats! Wow jury power in Brighton is larger than Denver. (accoring to the judge that greeted us) Well there were three jury trials for today. The bailiff came down and read the first 20 names for the first trial. Safe, just like baseball. Twenty minutes later the bailiff was here again for another trial. Long pauses reading the names but safe again. Twenty minutes later I was sitting in the lucky spot. The trial for district court was settled and we all got to go home for another year. I can't say that I am sorry. I know it is important and I showed up, but down deep I am grateful to go home, turn on the tube, have a cup of coffee and veg out. So much for my patriotism.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You were there! And have a blog to tell. Done for the year.