Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

Not much has been happening at the McGinnis house lately. Today is Grace's school concert so we will be going. I left my camera on by accident so I have not had pictures of the children since the motorhome arrived here in Denver. I thought you might enjoy word pictures.

Adam Jim...He was on the phone last Friday crying. He had a temperature and couldn't go to school and I had to tell him that he could not come over and play in the motor home. He was so sad, I felt like crying too.

Patrick Joe...He was mad because mom made him come to Nana's. Jon had a friend spend the night at their house and Patrick was looking forward to tormenting his brother and friend. Mom quickly squelched his plan and sent him to me. He was honest enough to say he was forced to come, so I gave him unlimited computer time. Oh, such a nice nana.

Kelly...I didn't see her till Saturday morning. She relegated herself to the basement so she could watch all her favoriet cable tv shows.

Mary dotes...She kissed me and hugged me and was beside me like she was glued. It makes a grandparent proud when a child just loves you for you...She took a bath and slept in.

Saturday...Jim went and got the motorhome and Kelly and Patrick were out bright and early helping their papa spiff up the new acquisition. The waxed and waxed. they looked like the Karate Kids. Wax on wax off. I enjoyed watching them work so hard.

Grace and Abby joined the party on Saturday...They came to spend Saturday night so they helped wax on and wax off. They also were the caretakers of Mary. It is fun to see the cousins love on the little ones. Later in the afternoon papa took the Malm children home and the McGinnis children had their grandparents to themselves. It will be interesting if Grace ever wants to come back, papa caught her in a bad behavior and talked to her about it. she avoided him the rest of the visit and wouldn't kiss him goodbye when they left on Sunday.

Chris came early to get the girls. He is such a camp director. He was ttaking them swimming. The grand parents continued to work on the motorhome. We are putting peel and stick tile in the bathroom and when I can afford it we are going to put down new carpeting. right now it is Beth's dream home. PINK beside being old and dirty. We are so excited to have it here and so are the grandchildren, they know they will get to travel with us. Now we have to save up for the license plates and we will be off...

So goes the word pictures...I now have batteries for my camera, now if I remember to take it to the concert...I have those senior moments...

No comments: