Sunday, February 13, 2011

painting the bedrooms in the new house

























Suffice to say i am too tired to write this afternoon.  I also forgot to take pictures of Chris' room which he painted sand and his bath too.  We painted three bedrooms, one bath and three large closets.  I will write later...enjoy the girls pics, they worked hard...........Now it is Monday morning.  I am stiff, I am tired and I am married to an old man whose back hurts, he is tired and we both feel OLD.
The girls were darling this weekend.  Abby worried about me and my oxygen.  She painted like a pro and did not complain until it was all done and she announced painting was work and she didn't particularly like it.  I had to laugh yesterday when she looked around her room and said out loud that the colors reminded her of one of her friends shirts.  She was right it has a rugby shirt look.  She calls it croquet........
Grace had had enough painting.  She worked like a storm trooper on Saturday, but often disappeared on Sunday.  Her room looks like St. Patricks Day personified.  She loves the color.
Chris kept his impatience under control.  It is hard to let 9 and 11 year olds paint without getting upset.  I thought he did well although they were not as neat as he would of liked.  Old expectations of young shoulders.  Young expectations of old parents................
We were glad to help and are excited for his life moving up.  He has done an incredible job raising two girls on his own.  We love them all........

No comments: