Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Whose trek is it anyway?

I woke up this morning thinking about how much I admire my daughter Beth. 
 She handles seven children like a well oiled machine. Nana is running wild, "oiling" problems, changing diapers, making lunch, going to the park and crashing at 7 pm.  It was cute this am.  Kenny is sleeping in our room which works out well.  Every time he thinks he is going to climb out of the crib, Nana says "Nana says NO!"  Seems to work real well.  This morning I woke up to hearing his little voice practicing all his words.  I pretended to stay asleep and he laid in his bed talking for an hour and a half.  He didn't even offer to get out.  My power of persuasion. lol  There was another cute moment while I was pretending, Kelly and Mary came into the room.  They looked at Kenny, sat on my bed and watched me to see if I was really asleep.  They looked like me and my shadow, Mary following Kelly wherever she went.  How does Beth have time to snap pictures?  I found my camera, but the moments are over before I can click...so you get word pictures...Yesterday at the park Kenny showed me what he is made of...I watched him slide down the little fire pole next to the climbing things.  He watched Mary and then I saw him jump for the pole.  You know it it scared me but I let it happen and it must of scared him, he didn't do it again.  Patrick showed  me his outgoing spirit.  It didn't take long for him to find some boys about his age and join in their game of chase and soccer.  Adam Jim, is Adam Jim, complained about the heat, had to find a bathroom, was thirsty and I didn't bring enough water, complained some more and then we went home.  Mary Jane was sweet.  I watched her climb and walk the ropes and slide down and run around.  She didn't want to leave.  Kelly played on the zip line and Patrick and Adam played on it too.  Megan stayed home while we went to the park.  I think teens know how to get there sanity in a big family.  The children played video games yesterday.  I don't know what they are going to do today.  Adam is helping me write my blog, Patrick and Kelly are playing cards, Kenny is missing, so Adam is going to find him for me.  At least there are enough little people to run and find.  Okay, I have complained enough.  This has been a fun time with the children, I must admit it.  They have been terrific and easy to take care of, most of the time.  One more night and day................

1 comment:

Beth said...

That was fun to read. That little complainer Adam would have complained the whole trek too. I am so glad that my mom likes to be the mom of 6 for a few days so Mike and I could go and have fun and new experiences. My well oiled machine sometimes goes dry and we just muddle through. I love you.