Monday, July 20, 2009

Goodbye sweet kitty

Today is a sad day. We had to have Baby put down. He has been sick and I don't want him to suffer. He has given us over twelve years of enjoyment. I hate this part of owning pets. They become so entwined in your life that it is hard to let them go. Baby was one of a kind. He enjoyed a life of adventure. He began by naming himself. I had him a week before he responded to "you are such a Baby." So Casper became Baby. He loved New Orleans. One time he got out and I couldn't find him. The next morning I heard him crying. He was lost and crying on the third floor of the building. We lived on the first floor. He seldom tried to get out after that incident. He loved company. Anyone who came to visit, he eventually let them pet and hold him. He especially liked people who had cats. He could pick them out everytime.
I will miss him. He was company when Jim was gone, he was funny and playful to almost the end. No more pets for awhile, it hurts too much to let them go.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mary,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your stories of Baby.