Sunday, October 5, 2008

THEN THERE WERE SEVEN TO SPEND THE NIGHT AT NANA AND PAPA'S HOUSE

Jim and I are learning about single parents. One forgets that parents need time away from those little ones who need everything. Chris asked at BINGO if we could have the girls over for Saturday night, well of course we love having them. Then about 1:30 the telephone rang and it was Adam Jim. Papa answered the phone but he was insistent about talking to me. I could hear his little voice, "Nana can I come over to your house and have a sleep over?" Who can say no. I asked the important question, does your mother know you want to come over. Well it seems there is no formal church this weekend so saturday night was terrffic. Beth bribed her Daddy to pick them up, so until they arrived at our house we did not know who was coming. The little girls, (Abby and Grace) were so excited that their cousins would be here too. They are all best friends. So we went from our empty nest to flowing over. I wish I had taken a picture at dinner time. They were so cute each taking turns to talk and tell their tales of school. Even Mary wanted to talk. She kept trying to get my attention to call on her. By the way, she is ALMOST toilet trained. Only one little accident. When Jim delivered the children home, Jon thanked him for letting him have some peace and quiet. Now if that isn't 13 I don't know what is. I kept saying there would come a day when going to Nana's wasn't going to be a priority. One down, eight to go. At least I have a few years of children who want to spend the night....We are truly blessed....

Abby and Adam Jim
Megan, Kelly and Grace



Mary dotes, reading the adds on this Sunday morning. She wants everything.........



Patrick and Abby playing computer games. they both are so small they can fit on my one rolly polly chair...




WHEN IS IT MY TURN???





Come to Nana's and get to try on my new dress for Kelly's baptism on November 1, 2008






1 comment:

Beth said...

Mom, those were such cute pictures. I'm glad you all had fun on Saturday night.