Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beth and Chris celebrate milestone birthdays

It doesn't seem possible that I am 37 and 38 years older. I remember their BIRTH days quite well. Beth was so little I was afraid of her. Chris was just the right size and he was so sweet. Not that Beth wasn't. We called her the nutty professor. You never knew what was going to come out of her mouth. I remember one evening in Virginia just after the Academy awards and we were discussing streaking. I asked Beth if she knew what that was and she proceeded to take off her clothes and try to get outside. How could a 3 year old know these things? Chris and Beth were best friends when they were little. Chris cried when Beth went to school. He waited by the window for her to come home and teach him all she learned each day. They were sweet together. Often Jim was jealous. I felt so bad for him because it seemed that birthdays were more exciting with the little ones. I always got him a gift too. Jim(dad) said it set a bad precedence but I could see his hurt when Beth and Chris had so many presents to open without him. I didn't do that for Jim's birthday, I figured Beth and Chris could commiserate together. Guess I played favorites. Doesn't seem possible they are approaching 40. (still think I am 40 in my mind ha ha ha)

No comments: